brave enough

11:54 PM

I have the courage to fight the war,
and I know the words to call the butterflies.

I've got stamina, and I will follow the golden tail of a meteor
Until it plummets into the sea.
I can hold the breath in my lungs until I reach the ocean floor.

My words are smooth.
I have reasoned with the mermaids,
the silver creatures who drown the souls of men
 and leave their bodies to rise again to the surface.

My heart is strong,
but soft enough to sense the murmuring of the white stags,
and my feet are swift to follow.

The woods no longer call me the way they used to,
and the mountains have grown silent.
My footsteps no longer echo,
and my shadow has returned to its home.

My foes surround me,
relentless,
waiting to claim my being.

All is silence.
Much has been lost.

Why must there always be dragons?



I am brave enough.

You Might Also Like

0 comments