The Call

10:56 PM


I believe we all have a calling.

Some callings we know from birth.
Some callings take a lifetime to discover.

I am meant to be a writer. I have known it for as long as I can remember.
I do not consider myself a genius, extraordinarily gifted or talented.
All I have known is that I am called to write, to share my words.

It brings me joy when others find their callings.
I particularly love to see other writers share their words.

I believe that, as a writer, I have been given power.
I believe that power is to be used for good.
To open imaginations and quicken hearts. To share joy and sorrow.
To paint the good and the bad. To weigh right and wrong.
To inspire and empower. To make the world a more beautiful place.

Whether you are a writer or not, this is your calling, too.
You have words. You have actions. You have love to give.
You have the ability to listen. You have the ability to speak.
You can speak for those who cannot speak for themselves.

Without getting too controversial...
Please, show your love to a hurting world.
Spread peace. Share joy.

I am worthy of my calling.
So is she.
So is he.

So are you.

-Amanda

#endsexualexploitation 
#enddomesticviolence 
#50dollarsnot50shades 

You Might Also Like

0 comments