Forgotten

12:25 AM

Usually, I plan.

Before I begin writing, I spend days, weeks, months, sometimes even years, planning what I will write. From beginning to end, chapter by chapter, fleshing out characters, filling plot holes, and trying to make sense of it all.

 And then, every once in a while, I write something with no planning, spur of the moment, just for fun.

 A few days ago I wrote a tiny piece, inspired by the #mythicalworld contest on Figment.com. The prompt was to write a story, 500 words or fewer, that takes place in my favorite mythical world. I chose my favorite place, which I really believe to be non-mythical.


 Please read, and if you've got an account on Figment, give it a heart, reaction, or review. Any little bit of feedback is always helpful.

-Amanda 

P.S. I'm super, super close to finishing up another "just for fun" short story that ended up becoming a novella, and took me couple of years to wrap up. My more important work always takes precedence, but when I've got "Miss Oliver" fully released online, then this little work will also get to make its debut. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments